Pest control in shops, restaurants, universities, hotels, pubs, leisure centres, garages, small businesses, distribution centres, logistics centres…. The list goes on. We call them all Commercial Sites...
Commercial sites are a huge bracket of businesses which all have one thing in common- human activity.
This activity will always lead to interest from our natural bedfellows, the pests.
Whether you need us for specific pest control issues or whether it’s just regular visits for peace of mind, we will have the correct contract for you. We will ensure the safety of your workers, customers and contractors ensured with our cutting edge materials, equipment and methods. All of our staff are RSPH Level 2 trained and every one of them has gone deep into pest biology and behaviour. Couple this with a good experience of the sensitivity that is necessary to deal with pest issues on a commercial site and we can provide lethal individuals to you who have the necessary front of house skills to not put your reputation at risk.
We could go into a huge amount of detail here suggesting which pests turn up where and why you should call us to deal with them but the page would be longer than a convoy of rats in Hamelin. So here a just a few of the most common:
- Rats- perennially attracted to the bins, wash down areas, service areas, rear of house, mess rooms, canteens, basically anywhere there is a source of food and water.
- Mice- leaving telltale signs after a weekend. When someone comes in to find droppings on their desk or their beloved biscuit drawer raided.
- Fleas- maybe a colleague has a philandering tomcat at home. Yes, cats bring fleas into the house but then they can travel to work on a woolly sock and bite everyone’s ankles. Not pleasant, not a good boost to productivity, fleas need treating quickly and quietly to get the office back up to full speed ASAP. Warning- we may have to inspect your ankles for flea bites.
- Flies- if you have a canteen where food is prepared you should really have an electronic fly killer in place. Of course this should be the right spec so that flies don’t explode into pieces and scatter into your sandwiches. Food safe fly killers are our preference.
- Birds- Starlings pooing in the car park? Pigeons roosting on the building? Seagulls raiding the bins? Angry birds attacking customers?! Yes, it’s gone a bit Hitchcock out there. We happen to have lots of trained marksman on our staff. Also a falconer. So yes, we can deal with your birds. For a preventative approach we can stop birds roosting with so many different proofing systems I can’t begin to go into it. Look at our bird control tab for more info or find out more about bird control.
- Ants- mostly it’s garden ants. Mostly these are a preventable problem. Mostly we don’t even need to spray insecticides for these ants. Whether they are black ants going for your food or pharaoh ants climbing up the building we prefer to bait the ants and let them do our work for us, controlling ants quickly is key.